Must may can need to have to to be able to
1. This group was reorganized a few weeks ago.
b. was reorganized
c. has reorganized
d. has been reorganized
2. I hope the fish will be cooked soon.
a. will be cooked
b. was cooked
c. is cooked
d. will cook
3. Yesterday I was told to make a report.
b. has told
c. was telling
d. was told
4. A month ago I thought that this project had been fulfilled.
a. would have been fulfilled
b. will have been fulfilled
c. was fulfilled
d. had been fulfilled
5. This hotel has been built for a long time.
a. is building
b. has been built
d. is built
6. The speech was written by David yesterday.
a. is written
b. has been written
c. was written
d. will be written
7. The bills will be paid next Monday.
a. will pay
b. have been paid
c. will be paid
d. are being paid
8. I said I hoped the work would be finished in two hours.
a. will be finished
b. would be finished
d. would finish
9. The letter was written with a pen.
a. was written with
b. wrote in
d. was written by
10. Her correspondence is read by her every day.
a. was read with
b. is read by
d. will be read of
11. This work will be done by me tomorrow.
a. will be done with
b. will do by
c. is done by
d. will be done by
12. Their house is made of wood.
a. makes of
b. will make in
c. is made of
d. is made in
13. Some sculptures are made in bronze.
a. are made in
b. are made with
c. make by
d. made with
14. The door opened and I was asked to come in.
b. have asked
c. was asked
15 The car was washed by Ned yesterday.
a. was washed
b. was being washed
c. had been washed
d. had washed
16, The plans will be declared by our manager in two days.
b. were declared
c. will be declared
d. have been declared
17. Trees have been planted already in the park.
a. are planted
b. were planted
с.have been planted
18. Coal is mined in Newcastle.
a, is mined
b. was mined
c. has been mined
d. is mining
19. This play was written by Shakespeare.
a. has been written
b. was written
c. was being written
d. is writing
20. Our car was stolen a week ago.
a. was stolen
b. is stolen
с will be stolen
d. has been stolen
1. May I wait here?
a. May b. Have to с. Am to
2. It was so dark, we could see nothing.
a. may b. can c. could
3. The doctor says I may not go out.
a. might b. could c. may
4. Could I have some more bread?
a. Should b. Could c. Must
5. Can I do anything for you?
a. May b. Must
6. Nobody is allowed to park in front of the theatre.
a. must b. may c. is allowed
7. They can't know about it. They are too young.
a. needn't b. can't с must
8. Can you lend me a dictionary?
a. Should b. Must c. Can
9. Sorry, sir, you may not smoke here.
a. might, b. needn't с may
10. It's very late. Youshouldn't phone them now.
a. shouldn't b haven't to с can't
11. You ought to visit your parents.
a. should b. ought c. have to
12. Like any top sportsman she had to train very hard.
a.had b.must с should
13. The train isn't late. It is to come in time.
a. should b. ought c. is to
14. The policeman said: 'Noone is allowed to leave the room'
a. is allowed to b. has to с could
15 The water is cold, you haven't to swim.
a. haven't to b. must с can't
16.You have to cover the whole distance on foot.
a. can b. have c. must
17. Must I come to the university on Sunday? No, you mustn't.
a. mustn't b. can't с needn't
18. I'm afraid the weather may change for the worse
a. must b. may с should
19. You have to come here again.
a. have b. must c. should
20. You must work hard at your English if you want to know it.
a. must b. is to с may
МОДУЛЬ 5 Чтение
ЗАДАНИЯ ДЛЯ САМОСТОЯТЕЛЬНОЙ РАБОТЫ ПО ЧТЕНИЮ
Подберите правильный перевод к словам и фразам.
1) uncertainty(n) a) потребление
2) contemporary (adj) b) богатые люди
3) assumption (n) c) предметы первой необходимости
4) consumption (n) d) неопределенность
5) conspicuous consumption e) современный
6) necessities (n) f) застраховать(ся)
7) the wealthy (n) g) зарабатывать
8) earn (v) h) предположение, допущение
9) purchase (n) i) покупка
10) insure (v) j) “показное” потребление
4.2 Прочитайте текст и найдите ответы на вопросы.
1) When was Veblen’s The Theory of the Leisure Class published?
Veblen’s The Theory of the Leisure Class was published in 1899.
2) When did Knight write Risk, Uncertainty and Profit?
Knight wrote Risk, Uncertainty and Profit in 1921.
3) Who coined the term “conspicuous consumption”?
The term “conspicuous consumption” was coined by Veblen.
4) Should the government decide what would be offered for sale, in Knight’s view?
In Knight’s view the government should not decide what would be offered for sale.
Прочитайте текст и определите, относятся ли данные утверждения к Веблену (V), Найту (K), или к обоим (B).
1) Supported laissez faire economics. (K)
2) Taught Economics at the University of Chicago. (B)
3) Predicted the separation of ownership from management of business organizations. (V)
4) Coined the term “leisure class”. (V)
5) Believed business profits were earned in return for accepting the uncertainties of the market. (K)
6) Opposed laissez faire economics. (V)
7) Believed consumers made unwise choices. (V)
8) Supported the consumer’s right to determine what should be on the market. (K)
9) Believed that people in business could gain profits by giving consumers
what they wanted. (K)
10) Believed that people in business could gain profits by limiting production. (V)
11) His ideas are still influential today.(B)
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-08-11