Read the following statements and say whether they are true or false.
Ask 15 questions to the text and be ready to answer your groupmates’ questions.
6. Fill in suitable words:
1. I am a ********* student of the Sociology department. 2. He pays for his education, because he is at the ***-****** department. 3. This year we study in the first/second *****. 4. I haven’t got much ***** ****. 5. Masha lives in *** *******, while Zhenya lives in *** ****** right near the University. 6. I like sports very much and I ** a lot of ******. 7. I do tennis, billiards, ****** and *******. 8. I often get good **** and ********* marks. 9. Over a billion people speak English at least ***********. 10. We work hard ** ***** and ** ****.
7. Work with a partner. Ask him/her the following questions:
1. What is your full name? Do you have a nickname?
2. When and where were you born?
3. What is your mother’s full name? Where and when was she born?
4. What is your mother?
5. Are you an only child in the family? Do you have any brothers or sisters? What are their names and dates of birth?
6. Do you live with your parents or do you have a family of your own?
7. Is your family large?
8. What does your family like to do in their spare time?
9. What school did you study at? (I studied at school # …)
10. When did you finish school? (I finished school in …)
11. What subjects do you take at the University?
12. What are your hobbies?
13. Do you do sports?
14. Where do you live?
15. How do you get to the University?
16. How long does it take you to get here?
17. Why did you go to the Sociology department? (I went to the Sociology department because …)
Look at the answers that you got from your partner and compare them with the answers he/she got from you. How many of your answers are different?
8. Give the English equivalents to the following:
на окраине, в пригороде; катание на коньках; в общежитии; родной город; студент первого (второго) курса; катание на лыжах;Саратовский государственный технический университет; отделение, факультет; единственный ребенок; бюджетное отделение; поступить, быть принятым (в учебное заведение); дневное отделение; в первую (вторую) смену; платное отделение; заниматься спортом; ни... ни... ; свободное время; полное имя, заниматься спортом.
Read the classroom vocabulary. Try to guess and/or look up the meaning of these phrases. Memorize them.
Make up a dialogue with a partner and use as many classroom expressions as possible.
POINT OF GRAMMAR
Verb to be
He isa receptionist.
-Can you close the window, please? I’ m cold.
-I'm32 years old. My sister is 29.
-My brother isa policeman. He's very tall.
-John is afraid of dogs.
-It's 10 o'clock. You're late again.
-Ann and I are very good friends.
-My shoes are very dirty. I must clean them.
-I'm tired but I'm nothungry.
-Tom isn'tinterested in politics.
-Jane isn'tat home at the moment. She's at work.
-Those people aren'tEnglish. They're Australian
that’s=that is there’s=there is here’s=here is
-Thank you. That’s very kind of you.
-Look! There’s George
1A. Write the short form (she's / we aren't etc.).
1 he is ……. 3 she is not ……. 5. I am not …….
2 they are ……. 4 it is ……. 6. you are not …….
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-08-29