СЛОЖНОЕ ДОПОЛНЕНИЕ (COMPLEX OBJECT)
1. The teacher wanted the pupils to learn the rule. 2. My mother did not want me to spill the milk. 3. The woman wanted her daughter to go to a ballet school.
4. The man wanted his son to study mathematics.
5. The little boy wanted his father to buy him that toy.
6. Ann wanted me to wait for her after school. 7. My father wanted me to fix the shelf in the kitchen. 8. My mother wanted me to study English. 9. Our grandmother wanted us to bring her some water from the river. 10. Kate wanted her classmates to come to her birthday party. 11. The biology teacher wanted us to collect some insects in summer. 12. Our mother did not want us to eat ice cream before dinner.
1. I want all children to laugh. 2. I want everybody to read it. 3. I should like the doctor to examine him.
4. The children wanted me to tell them a fairy tale.
5. I don't want her to know about it. 6. He wanted his friend to go with him. 7. My brother wants me to study Spanish. 8. I should like my pupils to know English well. 9.1 don't want you to get a bad mark. 10.1 should not like them to be late. 11. I did not want you to wait
210 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
for me. 12. She would like her brother to get the first prize. 13.1 want you to read this book. 14.1 would like you to come to our place. 15. She wanted her son to finish school well. 16. They would like us to lose the game. 17. She did not want me to go to Moscow. 18.1 would not like you to lose my book. 19. Father wants me to be a pianist. 20. We want this actor to come to our school. 21. Would you like me to tell you this story? 22. Do you want me to give you my dictionary?
1.1 know my friend to be a just man. 2.1 expect him to understand your problem and help you to solve it. 3.1 expected her to behave quite differently. 4.1 did not expect my brother to forget to send her flowers.
5. He knows my mother to be a very kind woman.
6. She expected her brother to bring her the book.
7. I know your uncle to be an excellent mathematician.
8. People expect the 21st century to bring peace on the Earth. 9. We know it to be true.
1. I expect the letter to come tomorrow. 2. He expected the teacher to praise him. 3. She did not expect them to return so late. 4. I know her to be a talented singer. 5. I knew him to be a great scientist. 6. We did not expect you to do so much. 7. The teacher expected the pupils to understand the rule. 8. I did not expect him to write such wonderful poetry. 9. She knew him to be a very kind man. 10. Everybody knew her to be a progressive scientist. 11. I know your sister to be a very bright student. 12. Everybody knows Byron to be a great poet. 13. I did not expect it to happen so soon. 14. We expect you to help us. 15. He expected the minister to answer at once. 16. We expected the weather to change.
Сложное дополнение (Complex Object) 211
1.1like children to laugh. 2. She does not like me to argue with her. 3. She did not like us to come late. 4. He hates me to be late. 5. Our teacher likes us to ask questions. 6. I hate you to forget your duties. 7. Our grandmother likes Lena to play the piano. 8. Father likes me to speak English. 9. My grandfather did not like children to talk at table. 10. He hated us to break our toys. 11. He liked us to play quiet games.
1. The teacher made her rewrite the exercise. 2. She made the dog jump over the fence. 3. He made his brother jump into the water. 4. The rain made us return home. 5. Make her put on her coat: it is very cold today. 6. Why didn't you make your son learn the poem? 7. I can't make my cat catch mice. 8. When will you make your friend do his morning exercises? 9. Please don't make me drink milk. 10. She could not make him go to bed early. 11. The dog made the cat climb the tree.
1. We noticed a man cleaning his shoes. 2. He saw two girls dancing on the stage. 3. She watched the children running and playing in the garden. 4. I saw her arranging her hair. 5. We saw our neighbour listening to the latest news on the radio. 6.1 felt the cat rubbing itself on my leg. 7. We saw them fishing. 8. The teacher watched the pupils writing a paper. 9. I felt a caterpillar crawling on my arm. 10. Last night we heard I. Arkhipova singing a Russian folk song. 11.1 watched
212 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
the sun rising. 12.1 heard him singing an English song. 13. John heard his sister talking loudly on the veranda. 14. We saw Ben crossing the square. 15. They heard their father playing the piano in the drawing room. 16. I can see the train coming. 17. I watched the rain beating down the flowers in the garden. 18.1 saw a group of boys eating ice cream. 19. We noticed a group of people digging potatoes in the field.20. Didn't you see her smiling at you? 21. I heard the girl singing. 22. He heard them talking about computers. 23.1 saw you and your friend walking along the street yesterday. 24. We watched the little girls playing on the grass. 25. He stood and looked at the ship leaving the port. 26. Mother watched her sleeping peacefully in her bed.
1. The boy noticed a bird fly on to the bush near the window. 2. Jane saw her neighbour open the door of his flat and go in. 3.1 saw him point to a picture on the wall. 4. I heard him shut the door of the study.
5. We saw the children climb to the tops of the trees.
6. I noticed Henry go up and speak to the stranger.
7. I saw him slip and fall. 8. I heard her suddenly cry out. 9. The policeman saw her bend and pick up something from the floor. 10. I saw him open the door and leave the room. 11. I saw her drop the cup on the floor and break it. 12. We watched them turn the corner and disappear. 13. The boy felt the doctor touch his leg.
14. Pete's friends saw him buy some flowers.
15. The wounded hunter felt the bear touch him, but
Сложное дополнение (Complex Object) 213
1.Он почувствовал, что ее рука скользит под его рукой. 2. Она почувствовала, что у нее задрожали руки. 3. Он то и дело слышал, как проходит машина. 4. Он почувствовал, как его сердце забилось от радости. 5. Он почувствовал, что его сердце бьется от радости. 6. Она слышала, как ее отец ходит взад-вперед по картинной галерее. 7. Мы видели, как он, посмотрев налево и направо, пересек улицу.
8. Я чувствовал, как ветер дует сквозь щель в стене.
9. Мы стояли на палубе и смотрели, как садится солнце. 10. Я слышал, как он играет в доме на рояле. 11. Приятно видеть, как люди развлекаются. 12. Мы видели, как самолеты кружатся над нами. 13. Никто не заметил, как он вошел и сел. 14. Я почувствовал, что Ник положил мне руку на плечо. 15. Она почувствовала, что по ее щекам покатились слезы. 16. Я был так слаб, что почувствовал, как у меня дрожат колени. 17. Мы видели, что они прыгнули с парашютом. 18. Он услышал, как навстречу ему движется машина. 19. В комнате мы увидели человека, сидящего в старом кресле. 20. Я услышал, как дверь вестибюля открылась и тихонько закрылась. 21. Он увидел, что в маленькой беседке у поворота садовой дорожки кто-то сидит. 22. Он вернулся к окну и, взглянув в него, вдруг увидел, что она идет по дорожке. 23. Они все собрались на холме посмотреть, как взойдет солнце. 24. Она наблюдала за своей матерью, склонившейся над чайной посудой. 25. Люди, живущие на севере, месяцами не видят солнца (как выходит солнце). 26. Дверь скрипнула. Он увидел, как вошла Ирэн, взяла телеграмму и прочитала ее. 27. На остановке она увидела еще одну девушку, ожидающую автобуса. 28. Я слышал, как он сказал учителю об этом. 29. Я слышал, как он говорил учителю об этом. 30. Она слышала, как в коридоре ходят люди. 31. Она услышала, как кто-то подошел к ее двери.
214 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
32. Мы увидели людей, стирающих белье в ручье (как люди стирают белье в ручье).
1.1 heard him opening the door. 2.1 heard him open the door. 3. I felt him touch my hand. 4. I felt him touching my hand. 5. I saw the birds flying towards the wood. 6.1 saw the birds fly to the wood. 7. We saw her swimming across the river. 8. We saw her swim across the river. 9. I did not notice him put the letter on the table. 10.1 saw him put his suitcase by the door. 11. We saw her get off the train and walk towards the booking office. 12. We watched him walk up to the window, stop, open the magazine and begin reading.
13. I felt somebody looking at me from the right.
14. We saw her leaving the house. 15. He heard the
1.She saw Nina trying on a hat. 2. Alice saw her sister take the book. 3. He saw his pupils standing near the school. 4. Tom saw her leave the room. 5. She saw her children doing their homework. 6. Olga saw Andrew sitting on the sofa. 7. Nicholas saw Ann writing something. 8. She did not hear me enter the room. 9.1 did not hear them talking. 10. Have you ever heard her singing? 11. Have you ever heard him speaking
Сложное дополнение (Complex Object) 215
Spanish? 12. I saw Nick come. 13. I saw George walk down the street. 14. I saw Nellie reading. 15. We saw the students dancing. 16. We saw their parents talking. 17. The teacher noticed the pupils talking. 18. She noticed her father leave the room. 19. Did you notice them laughing? 20. Did you notice him go away? 21. We watched the children playing. 22. At the zoo we often watched the monkeys playing in the cage. 23. I often hear him playing in his room. 24. Did you see these two boys running? 25. He heard a child crying in the street. 26. The children stood and watched the bears swimming. 27. The boy watched the cat trying to open the door. 28. He noticed them crossing the street with two big suitcases in their hands.
1. Он хотел, чтобы его письма отправили сейчас же. 2. Я не хочу, чтобы рылись в моих бумагах. 3. Она не хотела, чтобы ее ребенка отправляли в больницу. 4. Она дала ему бумаги и сказала, что клиент хочет, чтобы их подписали. 5. Учитель хочет, чтобы наша домашняя работа была приготовлена хорошо.
6. Вам угодно, чтобы ваш багаж отнесли наверх?
7. Я хочу, чтобы для моего гостя приготовили спальню. 8. Если вы хотите, чтобы дело было сделано хорошо, делайте его сами. 9. Я бы очень хотел, чтобы мне это объяснили (сделали это ясным для меня). 10. Путешественник вошел на постоялый двор и заказал обед (приказал приготовить обед).
1.1 want this article (to be) published in tomorrow's newspaper. 2. She wants this song (to be) sung as often as possible. 3. He wanted his pictures (to be) seen in all countries. 4. The child wanted his teddy (bear) (to be) put in his bed. 5. She wanted her composition (to be)
216 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
marked at once. 6. I don't want this dress (to be) torn. 7. He didn't want his hair (to be) cut. 8. I want my bicycle (to be) brought from the country. 9. I want this carpet (to be) spread on the floor in the drawing room. 10. He didn't want his things (to be) touched. 11. Do you want this picture (to be) hung over the fireplace? 12. He wanted the grass (the lawn) (to be) mowed (mown).
I must have my hair cut. I must have my watch repaired. I must have my photo taken. I must have a new dress made.
I want to have my hair cut. I want to have my watch repaired. I want to have my photo taken. I want to have a new dress made.
I am going to have my hair cut. I am going to have my watch repaired. I am going to have my photo taken. I am going to have a new dress made.
Have you had your hair cut? Have you had your watch repaired? Have you had your photo taken? Have you had a new dress made?
When did you have your hair cut? When did you have your watch repaired? When did you have your photo taken? When did you have a new dress made?
Why did you have your hair cut? Why did you have your watch repaired? Why did you have your photo taken? Why did you have a new dress made?
Сложное дополнение (Complex Object) 217
Where do you usually have your hair cut? Where do you usually have your watch repaired? Where do you usually have your photo taken? Where do you usually have your dresses made?
1.Мне надо завтра подстричься. 2. Я только что сфотографировался и подумал, что вы, возможно, захотите получить снимок. 3. Им принесли пообедать (Они сами об этом позаботились). 4. Она приняла меры, чтобы за ее детьми присматривали по вечерам, когда она уходила. 5. Кто-нибудь другой продевал для Эллен нитку в иголку, так как ее зрение становилось хуже и хуже. 6. Мне надо починить эти туфли.
7. Я буду учить своего сына музыке (отдам в школу
1. I felt somebody touch me lightly on the shoulder. 2. He heard someone call his name. 3. I saw the telegraph boy hand the cable to the man. 4. They heard the woman utter a little exclamation. 5.1 should like to see him say it to my face. 6. I expect you to join our excursion. 7. We had not expected her to reply, but she did.
8. We knew him to be a clever man. 9. I don't like you
218 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
not expect him to return so soon. 14. He hated people to argue about trifles.
1. He heard someone calling his name. 2. Mother wanted me to water the houseplants. 3. I saw her get off the tram and cross the street. 4. I didn't expect my sister to get a "three". 5. I know your friend to be a professional football player. 6. I want this rule to be learnt. 7.1 heard somebody knock at the door. 8. When will you have your watch repaired? 9. I know your brother to be ill. 10. Mother made me go to the country. 11. His parents didn't expect him to go to university after schbol. 12. I shall make him bring the book tomorrow. 13.1 expect him to ring me up. 14. We wanted them to achieve success. 15. We wouldn't like our teacher to think we were late on purpose. 16. He hated people to laugh loudly.
1. I want you to be more attentive. 2. I made her learn this poem by heart. 3. They didn't expect us to take part in the discussion. 4. She hates people to treat animals cruelly. 5. The noise of the plane flying high in the sky made him look up. 6. We had better enter the house: I don't want you to catch a cold. 7. I want this play to be staged at our school theatre. 8. Where do you have your hair cut? 9. I saw the children running towards the river. 10. I know her to be the best pupil. 11. She heard somebody enter the room.
12. I should like you to spend the summer with us.
13. This movie (film) star had her Mercedes stolen
Сложное дополнение (Complex Object) 219
1. Idid not expect you to be angry. 2. I don't like the children to stay alone. 3.1 expect the letter to come tomorrow. 4. The doctor made me take the medicine. 5. Has your mother had a new dress made? 6. I hate keys to be lost. 7. I want the dictation to be written well. 8. When did you have your photo taken? 9. Vera heard something heavy fall on the floor. 10. We know him to be a great musician. 11. He watched us playing chess. 12. Bad weather made us return home. 13. Did you see anybody fighting with him? 14. I did not want you to stay in the yard. 15. We want our children to grow active and energetic. 16. She would like him to come.
1. I want your morning exercises done every day. 2.Would you like me to dance for you? 3. Grandmother does not like the cat to sit on the bed. 4. He felt something heavy pressing him to the floor. 5. I want you to translate this poster. 6. She expected him to invite her to the theatre. 7. The teacher did not want us to stay in the classroom. 8. The boy watched his father unharnessing the horse. 9. When did she have this dress made? 10. The storm made the ship return to the port. 11. Did you see anybody take this hammer? 12. I expect you to stay at home. 13. Yesterday I had my photo taken. 14. I hate dogs to be kept on a chain. 15. She didn't hear the baby cry. 16.1 know your brother to be the best pupil of the school.
1. I want to have a new dress made. 2. I want these words to be remembered. 3. The rain made us stay at home. 4. We watched the ship sailing off. 5. I hate
220 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
animals to be beaten. 6. Did you see anybody fall? 7. Everybody knows him to be a coward. 8. Where do you have your photos taken? 9. I expected you to come in the evening. 10. I don't like you to get bad marks.
11. I expected my father to bring me the books.
12. Mother did not want me to go to the cinema. 13.1 felt
1. He expects me to write to him. 2.1 want you to write a letter to your grandmother. 3. When will you have your hair cut? 4. He knows me to be a great theatregoer. 5. We expected the weather to change. 6. The teacher wanted the dictation to be rewritten. 7.1 heard something heavy fall on the floor. 8. I saw the boy slip and fall. 9. The cold wind made him put on his coat. 10. I want you to understand your mistake. 11. I know her to be clever. 12. His father made him rewrite the exercise.
13. We saw her swim across the river. 14. You must
1. The teacher made him repeat the rule. 2. I know your father to be an outstanding sportsman. 3. My friend did not want me to write this letter. 4. I must have my photo taken tomorrow. 5. I want my books returned. 6. I hate birds to be kept in cages. 7. He watched the workers unloading the lorry. 8. She saw people running along the street. 9.1 expect the teacher to give me a good mark. 10. I don't like you to stay at school after classes. 11. When did she have her hair cut? 12. I want this music to be played every day.
Сложное дополнение (Complex Object) 221
13. The illness made him stay at home. 14. Did you see
1.1 know your sister to be an excellent singer. 2. We expect the ship to come tomorrow. 3. I saw the ship disappear behind the horizon. 4. He heard the town clock strike tvelve. 5. Mother wants us to go to the country. 6. The children wanted the firtree to be put in the largest room. 7. We expected him to return on the same day. 8. I want you to come with me. 9.1 want you to help me. 10. Mother made me go to the country on Sunday. 11. I saw him pass. 12. They heard the door open. 13. When will you have a new dress made?
14, You can't expect him to come and help you. 15. The
1. Father did not want me to read this magazine. 2. I hate things to be broken. 3. She wants to have her hair cut. 4. I don't like Kate to sing this song. 5. Everybody knows her to be very brave. 6. I expected you to do your homework. 7. Did you see anybody speaking to him? 8. She watched the children playing lotto. 9. His mother made him go to bed. 10. Have you had your photo taken? 11.1 want the dinner cooked in time. 12. Did she want him to give her a lift? 13.1 know him to be (the) captain of the school football team. 14. She felt tears rolling down her cheeks. 15. My friends wouldn't like her to think they didn't appreciate what she had done for them. 16. The teacher can't expect the children to be quiet all the time. 17. I saw a man get into the car.
222 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
1. Mary made Tom wash his hands and face again. "I want you to be clean," she said. 2. "I want the floor washed by the evening," said my mother. 3. He heard her sighing in her sleep. 4. She was so busy thinking she did not notice me enter. 5. We wanted them to tell us something about themselves. 6. I had a new dress made last week. 7. When I was a child, I liked mother to sing songs to me. 8. She felt somebody come up to her, but did not turn. 9. The boy watched the mechanic repairing the refrigerator. 10. David heard the doctor leave his mother's room and go downstairs. 11. Nobody saw Jim enter the house. Nobody expected him to come so early. 12. "I want everybody to be happy," she said. 13. "You cannot make me give you the child," said Miss Betsy. 14. Sid saw Tom jump out of the window. 15. I know your father to be very tall. 16. Have you ever seen him dancing a waltz?
1. The soldier expected the letter to arrive in a week. 2. We expect you to visit us on Saturday. 3. She heard her brother enter the room. 4. I shall make you study well. 5. Nina wants me to come, too. 6. She felt her hands trembling. 7. I expected you to come in time.
8. My father wants me to study two foreign languages.
9. She did not want me to go to England. 10.1 expect you to help me. 11. The patient felt his heart beating strongly. 12.1 want the work to be done (done). 13. We saw him cross the street. 14. We know him to be (the) captain of a big ship. 15. I didn't want you to learn this text by heart. 16. You'll never guess where I had the dress made. 17. I watched him cleaning (washing) the car.
Сложное дополнение (Complex Object) 223
1. We liked to come to this garden and watch children playing. 2. When Robert went out into the corridor, he felt somebody touch his arm. 3. She wanted the children brought into the hall. 4. Tom was a very diligent pupil and soon made everybody respect him. 5. I don't want to make you do it at once. 6.1 want you to do it yourself. 7. Have you ever heard him playing (singing) this piece? 8. I want you to introduce me to your brother. 9. I like my sister to speak English with her friends. 10. Ann did not expect the book to be so interesting. 11. I often heard him tell the students about his native land. 12. We often saw them working in the reading room. 13. When did you have your car repaired? 14. If I see Nina in the library, I shall make her tell me about everything. 15. I know these people to be foreign tourists. 16. Mother wants you to mind your own business. 17. She saw him leave the house.
1. He wants the letters brought into his room. 2. We know them to be very busy. 3. I want to have my photo taken. 4. I know him to be a great theatregoer. 5.1 expect you to write me a letter. 6. He heard somebody entering the room. 7. I don't like the child to play with the dog. 8. I hate books to be torn. 9. Harris did not want his wife to jump off the bicycle. 10. Where do you have your dresses made? 11. His mother made him put on his coat. 12. The mother watched the child walking across the room. 13. Did you see anybody enter the classroom? 14. He had his hair cut yesterday. 15. If you want me to help you, let me know. 16. Children love to have fairy tales told to them.
224 ГРАММАТИКА. КЛЮЧИ К УПРАЖНЕНИЯМ
1. Did you see the cat seize the mouse? 2. I should like you to call on me tonight. 3.1 was not sleeping and heard somebody enter our compartment. 4. I saw them walking down the street together. 5. Nobody has ever heard her recite poetry. 6. It made me think how to correct the mistake. 7. I wonder what made him give up the trip to the Crimea. 8. The librarian expected the students to return books on time. 9. I want the letters written today. 10. The professor wants me to work more (to do some more work) at my report. 11. We expect you to go to the south this summer. 12. They don't want us to do it. 13. The painter watched the yellow leaves falling to the ground. 14. Come in: I expect my brother to return soon. 15. Have you had your video recorder repaired? 16. What made my uncle change his mind? 17. I know him to be a liar.
1. Our microwave oven has broken. I'll have to have it repaired. 2. The rain made us turn back. 3. She felt somebody touch her hand. 4. We heard the bell ring. 5. Her brother's illness made her go to Kiev. 6. We saw this man (person) to enter the office. 7. My friend wants me to come to his place (home). 8. I know your friend to be a skilful photographer. 9. We expect you to take part in the concert. 10. I know you to be my friend.
11. Mother wanted potatoes to be bought at the market.
12. I want these books to be returned. 13. She expects the teacher to ask her. 14. I want you to go to France. 15. We made him to study English. 16. We saw him entering the office.
Последнее изменение этой страницы: 2016-08-29